শুক্রবার, ২২ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১৩

?Sales is a career which requires a strong desire to influence people ...

With a career that spans over 9 years, Dana Masoud is an accomplished professional who has a wealth of advice to give aspiring salespeople in the region. Read our interview with Dana to know more?

Who?s Dana Masoud?

Dana Masoud is Regional Manager, Levant at Effective Measure Intl.,?a digital audience measurement and research company that enjoys an extensive global reach and offers media planning solutions to premium publishers, ad agencies, ad networks, advertisers, and researchers. In her current position, Dana works closely with online media experts in Jordan and Lebanon to help create transparent online markets to industry stakeholders.

Dana holds a Bachelor?s degree in Rehabilitation Science from the University of Jordan. Throughout her extended working experience, Dana has handled several sales and managerial roles with key regional and international organizations. Her main areas of expertise lie in business development, sales management, and team building.

1. How do you like living and working in Jordan?

I believe that one of the wisest decisions my parents took back in 1992 was to relocate to Jordan. I would not have developed the same way I did if I was raised somewhere else. The environment here helped me grow independently, and showed me what ?working hard? really means. Personally, I love Jordan and enjoy the lifestyle it offers. There are dozens of reasons that underlie my attachment to this country: Jordan has a lovely weather in all seasons, especially during the summer season. The nature here is irreplaceable and perfectly matches my love for outdoor activities; the Dead Sea is of course my favorite relaxing spot. People here are simple, yet authentic and genuine. We are one big family living peacefully together in a beautiful country.

On a professional level, I think that the Jordanian market, though hard to penetrate, is promising and has a lot to offer. Working in Jordan might be tough compared to other countries in the region, but my working experience and the learning I gained throughout the years have helped me cope. Additionally, Jordan is well-reputed as a great source of talent almost in all sectors, but especially in technology. Indeed, young Jordanians have strongly marked their presence on the entrepreneurship scene; this is mainly why Jordan could be well considered the next ?Silicon Valley?, or the ?Silicon Valley? of the Middle East.

2. What is your average day at work like?

I am a morning person, so typically my day starts very early with either a 30-minute run or swim to boost up my energy levels (and mood). I am very strict when it comes to my diet, so I don?t skip a meal and pay extra attention to my breakfast, and amounts of water I drink per day. As for work, there?s no fixed pattern for the day but there are fixed ingredients for any sales professional, these are: dressing Up, conducting follow-up calls/emails/meetings, but also prospecting, reporting, and most importantly staying motivated, and smiling!

3. What do you read to keep abreast of industry developments?

Digital media is a very dynamic industry, especially with the countless social media channels that help us learn a great deal these days. However, relying only on social media might get you confused and overwhelmed with the tons of information people share every day. Therefore I try to stick to few valuable resources like books and whatever is shared and recommended by my superiors. I also believe that meetings with industry professionals are great learning opportunities, in addition to attending events and training workshops.

4. What is the most important thing you look for in new hires?

I learned through experience to look for happy people. Happy people emit positivity and have the ability to adjust to whatever challenge they might face. These people also manage to stay anxiety-free and have the ability to make valuable connections whether internally or externally. Second, I look for people who have willingness and passion for sales. Sales is not a job; it?s a career which requires a strong desire to influence people. Being a good salesperson also requires having skills to handle rejections and to stay motivated at all times. I believe hiring for sales demands smart recruiters who should give an extra attention to the candidate?s personality, attitude and thoughts more than anything else.

5. What is the biggest challenge you face in hiring talent?

Hiring talent is very similar to conducting sales calls. A salesperson with great skills, a great product, and a great approach will end up closing more deals than any other average salesperson. The same applies to hiring sales people; a great recruiter/hiring manager with great interviewing and probing skills will end up attracting the greatest talents. We can?t put all the blame on the lack of talent. Talent is there; it is the organization?s ability to attract and retain good talent that?s required.

6.?What has been the highlight of your career?

Careers are like journeys where you go through different stations, and each station has its own impact on our lives in general, and on our careers specifically. Of all the stations I have been through so far, what touches me the most is whenever I meet someone I have either hired or managed (or both), and they acknowledge a positive thing I?ve done for them.

7.?What is your advice to someone looking to start their career in sales?

First, they have to ensure that they?re joining sales out of passion, and not because of external pressure, i.e. being unemployed for a while. Second, they have to choose wisely the organization or the brand they will be associated with, as it?s going to have a high impact on their desire to grown in their career now and in the future. Finally, after being accepted they shouldn?t be afraid to ask questions, leanr or even shadow their manager; they need to ensure they will get all the tools and support required to succeed in sales as well as being able to generate good money!

Source: http://blog.bayt.com/2013/02/sales-is-a-career-which-requires-a-strong-desire-to-influence-people-says-dana-masoud-of-effective-measure/

Ash Wednesday 2013 ted nugent westminster dog show abc news Pope Resigns Christopher Dorner Manifesto mardi gras

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন